Enes Kanter Offers ‘Peace Summit’ With WNBA Over Heated Trans-Athlete Debate, Invites Caitlyn Jenner to Moderate Meeting

New Photo - Enes Kanter Offers ‘Peace Summit’ With WNBA Over Heated Trans-Athlete Debate, Invites Caitlyn Jenner to Moderate Meeting

Enes Kanter Offers ‘Peace Summit’ With WNBA Over Heated TransAthlete Debate, Invites Caitlyn Jenner to Moderate Meeting Maria Aldrich Tue, August 25, 2026 at 11:09 PM UTC 0 Enes Kanter Freedom has asked Caitlyn Jenner to moderate a "peace summit" With Enes Kanter Freedom actively challenging the WNBA when it comes to the league’s gender eligibility guidelines, or lack thereof, he is now attempting to bring on a new voice to help solve the dilemma: Caitlyn Jenner.

Enes Kanter Offers ‘Peace Summit’ With WNBA Over Heated Trans-Athlete Debate, Invites Caitlyn Jenner to Moderate Meeting

Maria Aldrich Tue, August 25, 2026 at 11:09 PM UTC

0

Enes Kanter Freedom has asked Caitlyn Jenner to moderate a "peace summit"

With Enes Kanter Freedom actively challenging the WNBA when it comes to the league’s gender eligibility guidelines, or lack thereof, he is now attempting to bring on a new voice to help solve the dilemma: Caitlyn Jenner.

The famed 1976 Olympic gold medalist and openly transgender woman appears to be on board with Freedom’s efforts, according to a recent media appearance in which Freedom spoke out on the subject.

Caitlyn Jenner to Moderate Enes Kanter Freedom’s ‘Peace Summit’?

In an exclusive interview between media entrepreneur Benny Johnson and Freedom, the duo plunged into the trans-athlete debate. For the first time since the controversy broke through, Kanter offered a solution in the form of a potential “peace summit” which would be moderated by Jenner.

“I think if, you know, if the NBA and the task force, and obviously, the commissioner, Cathy Engelbert, are okay with it, I am offering them a peace summit that is moderated by one of the best female athletes ever, Caitlyn Jenner,” said Freedom.

“I think she’ll be the best person to understand what’s going on and moderate the whole thing. So, if they’re okay with it, I’m here to talk. I’m not a difficult person to sit down [with] or have some kind of deal with, or talk to. I am offering a peace deal to the WNBA, yes.”

According to Freedom, he has already spoken with Jenner, and she agreed to help him along the way.

“I actually had a conversation with her last night,” Freedom explained. “She said, ‘Listen, I love what you’re doing, just whatever you’re doing, just count me in. I will do anything to help it.”

Advertisement

“I was like, ‘Listen, we might offer them a peace summit. Would you be okay to moderate it?” She said, ‘Amen.’”

Later in the interview, Freedom stated that he is ultimately a “peacemaker.” In his own words, “I don’t want to cause any trouble, you know? And people obviously might get the wrong idea because of some of the things they might see on the internet. But I’m a peacemaker.”

With no end in sight for the ongoing trans-athlete debate, any step in the right direction should be warmly welcomed. Whether or not a peace summit is in the near future, eyes are no longer on women’s basketball; they are on the political climate surrounding the sport.

MORE: ‘Driving Attention Away From Actual Issues’ – Aces Forward Calls Out Enes Kanter As 2023 Interview Suggests ‘Trans Panic Grift’ Was ‘Premeditated’

As for Jenner, considering her extraordinary background in athletics, it isn’t surprising to see her called upon. Coming to some form of agreement is imperative.

Each passing week seems to bring more controversy within and around the league, but in order to make true leeway, the WNBA must implement a new, clear policy regarding gender eligibility in the sport.

This article originally appeared on Pro Football Network.

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Sports"

Read More


Source: Sports

Published: August 26, 2026 at 02:27AM on Source: ALPHA MAG

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

VOUX SPACE © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com